Thursday, October 1, 2009

Black Keys Do Hip Hop?



It really doesnt get much better than some good ole gritty dirty blues. Well atleast not in my book. The band that is definitly getting me my fix right now is the Black Keys.
The Akron Ohio duo has gained a lot of momentum in the past decade and have definitely let their presence be known in both the indie scene and the rock world (if there is such a thing anymore) and now have gained attention from producer Damon Dash and Rocafella Records?
which led me to my next questions after seeing an interesting post on Pitchfork.com this morning:

Is there a new Black Keys Hip-Hop Album?
Could there be such a thing?

While I am not a big hip-hop fan I definitely have my guilty pleasures: Mos Def, Talib Kwali, Jay-Z, Kanye West (when he isn't interrupting someone) and of course Minneapolis's own Atmosphere. But would that even work? Would it not totally suck? With what has been going on in both the indie and hip-hop scene lately stranger things have happened. I mean shit even Jay-Z and Beyonce are indie fans. (they were seen at a Grizzly Bear show in Brooklyn last month)

After checking out their Website http://www.blakroc.com/ my suspicions are true. (pitchfork) At first I was a little worried but after hearing a bit of the first track with Mos Def , it sounds like it is gonna be some serious shit. Right now on their page they also feature a few Webisodes of their progress in the studio. I cant wait to hear more. The Album is due out on November 27, 2009, but you can pre-order the album now on their website.
The track list and featured artist's are below:


Artists:Billy Danze, The Black Keys, Jim Jones, Nicole Wray, NOE, Ludacris, Mos Def, ODB, Pharoahe Monch, Q-Tip, Raekwon, & RZA

Track Listing:
1. Coochie
2. On The Vista
3. Hard Times
4. Dollaz & Sense
5. Why Can’t I Forget Him
6. Stay Off The F*%$#n’ Flowers
7. Aint Nothing Like You (Hoochie Coo)
8. Hope You’re Happy
9. Tellin’ Me Things
10. What You Do To Me
11. Done Did It

No comments:

Post a Comment